Thursday, March 11, 2010

What color of Paint goes with apt. 9 tea tree bedding from Kohls?

I am redoing my room. I got apt. 9 tea tree bedding from Kohls and now I'm going to paint my room. I want it to match my bedding. What color paint would match. I'm looking at paint from Home Depot so if you could tell me the name of the paint as it would be called at home depot that would be nice (you don't have to tell me as it would be called at home depot if you can't) or tell me a better place to shop.What color of Paint goes with apt. 9 tea tree bedding from Kohls?
Since you chose a bedding with a very set color scheme, it's difficult to bring in other colors that dont exactly go with it.


Because of that, you'll want to pick a color out of the bedset that isn't as prominent as some of the others. Brown is the obvious choice in this case. You could go to a paint store and have that brown matched, or you could experiment with similar shades of brown. Brown can be beautiful on the walls, but it can also make your room appear smaller, so that's something you'll want to take into consideration. This isn't as much of an issue if you have plenty of natural light. If you do choose brown paint, you'll want to keep the rest of your accessories fairly light in color in order to keep the room from feeling tiny. When I zoomed in on the brown accent pillow, I noticed some blue embellishments. That'd be a fun and interesting way to bring a completely different color into your accessories to lighten up a dark wall color.


I don't think it'd be wise to go with any of the green or yellow shades, as it'd be too matchy-matchy.


If you're more conservative, I think the best choice would be anything between an off-white creamy color to a warm neutral. On the Kohl's website, the bed spread is shown on a pine colored bed frame. That color might be a good starting point for your walls.What color of Paint goes with apt. 9 tea tree bedding from Kohls?
You can go to any place that has a paint matching system. I would look at your bedding closely and pick a nice complementary color that is found in the bedding itself, like the lighter green. Then bring a piece of bedding into the paint store and have them color-match your choice with their special computer. If the green is too bright, you can have the paint guy tone it down, but still keep it in that color family. You can't go wrong.
Here are several Behr paints (sold by The Home Depot) that would look great with that bedapread (I looked it up online):





Wooden Swing (# 290F-5)


Shale Gray (# 540F-4)


Misty Surf (# 740E-2)


Amazon Moss (# 450F-5)


Contemplation (# 700E-3) - I think this one would be my fave





Check 'em out here:


http://www.behr.com/behrx/workbook/


I coordinated with ';chartreuse'; (# 1A62-4) to represent your bedding.





You can also take a photo of your room %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.
First of all, the bed set you chose is beautiful! Personally, I would choose either a neutral color to keep it light and airy (like a taupe) or a brown to be dramatic.





Here's a brown I saw at Home Depot online:


http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stor鈥?/a>





And here's a beige color I saw:


http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stor鈥?/a>





Hope this helps!
you should deffinitely go with the golden yellow or brown. these colors will really compliment that bedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment