Saturday, March 13, 2010

I have a light yellow house and need advice on what color to paint the shutters???

We recently put light yellow vinyl siding on our house and I'm not sure what color to paint the shutters. They are currently black and I know for sure that I don't want black or white shutters. I was thinking maybe a shade of blue, but I would like other people's opinion. Our shingles are light grey and our trim is white if that helps at all. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Also, if anyone has any pictures of yellow houses to give me ideas I would be so grateful. Thank you!I have a light yellow house and need advice on what color to paint the shutters???
I think the shutters should match the trim but, if you are dead-set against white shutters and unwilling to change your trim color, then I agree with eklat77, burgandy would look pretty good (except for the gray roof). Stay away from green, you don't want your house looking like a moldy lemon.





If worse comes to worse, consider removing the shutters altogether. They are most likely only decorative anyway, and really, who gets turned on by shutters?I have a light yellow house and need advice on what color to paint the shutters???
a lightish/country blue
Charleston green.*
A country blue or a forest green.
perhaps sky blue, baby blue, or olive green would do the trick. :)
Our house is Cream colored with Hunter Green trim and shutters.
I saw a house in Denver that I fell in love with! It was butter yellow, with green shutters, and a red front door! I thought it was beautiful!
I have aluminum siding on my house %26amp; I'm not in the position right now to put vinyl up so I have hired someone to come %26amp; paint the house for me. I am painting it a light yellow %26amp; the trim %26amp; shutters are going to be Hunter green. There is a house a few blockes away that has the yellow vinyl %26amp; green shutters %26amp; it is beautiful. They also have relpaced the shingles on the roof to green also.





Good luck
There are two colors which I find look best on yellow houses...I agree w/ not keeping them black because it might be to harsh of a contrast against light yellow.





You say your house is a light shade of yellow, so a dark hunter green will provide a nice contrast. It won't fight the colors, and this tends to be a classic combination.





Blue is also a good choice - less traditional with yellow homes but certainly not less attractive. Go for a dark blue - light blue shutters and light yellow siding might make your house look like and Easter egg (unless that's something you might want!). A dark dutch blue would be bright but enough of a contrast to give a focal point.





I would paint the front door the same color as the shutters.
you could paint them white to match the trim. Burgundy would also match well.
Red would be pretty:)
Make the shutters lightish green.
a loght blue
sage green is quite sharp with yellow....grey would be nice too.
I think a brown would look good on yellow, but I'm not sure with grey shingles.





The last house I rented had a burgandy/maroon on the shutters and it was light yellow.





I would spray paint something or get fabric scraps of colors you like, then have someone hold it up to the house while you stand back and decide what you like best!
Try a contrasting color like a dark brown or light blue or burgundy. It depends on your taste and the surroundings. Go to the hardware store and get some color samples and hold them up to the house.
I navy blue might look nice. It depends on the door color as well
white
You should get a green lime, or if you like darker colors u should move on to darker greens till you reach to grey.


Last one is a great choice also.
working with new construction I have seen houses with a yellow shade go with a natural look. mostly new wood but also old shutters that have been stripped and sealed
I think a medium brown would go very nice with the yellow siding.
Look at an artists color wheel, straight across from the color of your house will give you a color to complement the color of your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment