Thursday, March 11, 2010

How Should I Choose a Color to Paint my wainscoting in my bathroom?

We recently put wainscoting in our bathroom too and we just left it the way it was. It gave it this sort of beach like rustic look, I love it. If you really want to paint it then that would depend on the other colors in the bathroom. I'm assuming that the wainscoting is only at the bottom portion of the wall so what color is the top? If the top is just white I would actually suggest painting that instead of the wainscoting.How Should I Choose a Color to Paint my wainscoting in my bathroom?
Look a your floor. Pick a color close and a shade of two littler or darker depending and what you prefer.How Should I Choose a Color to Paint my wainscoting in my bathroom?
Wainscoting is typically white in a bathroom, with some kind of accent color on the walls (light green, light blue, tan, etc.). A white ceiling is also a nice touch.





However, my wife and I installed wainscoting in a powder room and she wanted a tropical motif. So, we painted the walls beige and she did a kind of streaky tan color on the wainscoting to make it look kind of like bamboo. Although, she did leave the rail and baseboard white. It came out looking pretty cool.





Wainscoting kits do come in a wood-look finish, too. But, those are better in something like a dining room. Otherwise, I wouldn't get too far away from a white wainscoting.
I would paint it a slightly off white, like ';biscuit'; by sherwin williams. white is usually so plain, but that shade has a hint of color.


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>
  • blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment