Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Suggestions living room paint color?

I have a butter-colored couch. Brown chair. Turquoise accents. Lots of chocolate accents too (including adjacent dining table). I was thinking of doing the walls in a cocoa color. Suggestions welcome. Thanks!Suggestions living room paint color?
if you used the cocoa color but did it in the rag technique (or one that gave it some texture) that would be really pretty!Suggestions living room paint color?
I would do a khaki or light brown.
I have a plum couch, mahogany cabinet and light pine tables. I just went with a glidden color called Pepper Spice and LOVE it. Its a medium to dark chocolate color and really enhances all the colors already in my room.
Hello,


I love the colours turquoise and brown together. These are colours I use on my website home page.


Depending on where your couch is situated, you could paint an accent wall in the turquoise colour and the other walls in the butter colour of your couch. You could also use the cocoa colour instead and that would look great as well. Make sure you have lots of light in the room though is you are going to use such a dark dramatic colour.


Good luck.


www.wallhuggers.ca
how about you do 2 walls cocoa and 2 walls something else





or 1 wall cocoa and 3 walls something else





be as creative as you want. there's no rule saying all 4 walls have to be the same color
Go to sherwimwiliams.com You can click and drag all sorts of colors to the trim wall furniture and so on. Have fun with this cool site and save your options and look at it in a day or two and see if is really what you want. Enjoy!!
OMG! I'm sorry I sound like a little girl but let me tell you! I was visiting my Aunt in Boston and she JUST painted her living room and she has butter-colored couches and a leather brown recliners, she's a Realtor and knows what's what in decorating. She went to her home depot and got this grainy color and put glitter in it. The texture is ACTUALLY sandy feeling and you have to put it on with a special brush but it's amazing. It was supposed to be eggshell but it turned out much darker to it looked awesome with her furniture. I don't remember the name but if you go to your HomeDepot or w.e store that sell paints ask for a paint that leaves your walls looking like the texture of staglamites. They'll show you a few colors and go with your instinct. I hope this helps!
I think cocoa will drown out the colors of the couch, dining table, and chair - not enough contrast.


Try aqua for walls, and add turquoise/butter/chocolate prints or paintings.
  • colon cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment