Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What's a cool, modern color paint for my kitchen? Is yellow outdated?

I want to jazz the place up a bit. Thanks!What's a cool, modern color paint for my kitchen? Is yellow outdated?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find colors that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think ';enticing red'; (# 6600) might be a good choice.





You can also take a photo of your house %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; for $5 they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.What's a cool, modern color paint for my kitchen? Is yellow outdated?
Yellow is fine as long as you pick a tone of yellow that coordinates with your other items. A muted country or colonial yellow would probably look outdated. Black and bright yellow go well together and tend to look more modern (depending on what else you put in the space). You can pick rugs and window curtains with those color combos in contemporary designs. Also, check your kitchen cabinet and drawer pulls. Those may need to be updated as well. Pick accessories that have these tonal elements and you should have a pulled-together look.
I don't think yellow is ever outdated. It goes with a lot of other colours, it's a good colour for a kitchen because it's bright and lively, and if you like it you should use it. The trick is to pick the right yellow for the effect you want. I just watched a fashion show news thing and one of the colours for clothes for summer 2009 was a marigold colour, and colour trends show that the strong warm yellows are considered fresh right now. Find a yellow that looks right with other things in the room that you can't change, and use that
A burnt orange also looks gorgeous against dark cupboards. I repainted my Dad's kitchen that colour and just loved it. I am thinking of redoing mine in that colour if I don't come up with anything else. It really was dramatic and he just loved it. His kitchen was a pale yellow before, that I too had done, but it had faded and didn't have the impact.
it depends on the rest of your colours but yes i think yellow is outdated unless its really intense. try deep red or even a light purple/lavender if you wanna be different. even hot pink could work depending on the room. for the love of good stay away from seafoam green :)
I like bright yellow, this could look really ';rich'; and dramatic. But a pale yellow definately is outdated. I like white/black/red combos. These look fantastic. But if the yellow is bright, try adding granny apple green as an accent color
Hello,


i would choose any colour that would brighten up my mood when i cook..it's ok to pick yellow if u feel u could bring the sun into your kitchen while u're cooking.. :)


The mood really matters when we cook right?


u're the one who could jazz up your own kitchen..!
I just did mine in a vibrant green,my cabinets are brown and my appliances are black.Added accents of chocolate,black and green. I love it. If you have the time, use the link below with different colors and in different settings.
What about robin's egg blue? It's a bright and vibrant color to add some pop yet it is modern.
what color are you cabinets and countertops?





Pear is in but it only goes well with black cabinets.
  • colon cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment