Thursday, March 11, 2010

Paint color for stucco home?

I'm stuck on choosing an exterior color for my 50s stucco home. I like the khaki neutrals but I also think a kick of color (nothing bright) would suit my personality. Can someone suggest something that might work?





My front door is a medium oak finish with an art glass panel, the window frames are white with charcoal trim inside and my roof is a light brown (but will be changing to a charcoal color within a few years).Paint color for stucco home?
I'd still go with a neutral - if it is a color coat you are putting on it will last for 20 years - just paint, not so long. It would be easier to add a touch of color with flowers or bright front door. I too like a kick of color (red front door - cream stucco) but want to be able to sell the home easily someday - not many buyers seem to think a pepto pink house is great! Drive around and find one you just love - duplicate it.Paint color for stucco home?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I dusty pink like ';rosedust'; (# 0025) might look lovely.
It depends on where you live. Some States like So. Cal. and Florida show what I refer to as ice cream colors - pastels, but it works because of the sub-tropical/tropical mode of the area. In other places, neutrals would be the norm. Pick you color accordingly with what will sell in your area. Bright colors and pastels will not work everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment