Saturday, March 13, 2010

Im not sure what color to paint my walls in my bathroom.?

I just moved into a new house and my bathroom has a cream/tan color bathtub and sink. I'd like to be able to paint my walls a fun color but im not sure what would look good or match.Im not sure what color to paint my walls in my bathroom.?
I would use antique white or a light cream color, the bathroom is a room where you need plenty of light so you can see well for self examination for moles, bruises etc.Im not sure what color to paint my walls in my bathroom.?
I use repainted by bathroom, I used a color called ';New Brick'; it a red color, because i also have the cream/tan color bathtub and sink, with gold fixtures. My accent color I choose white for the baseboards and doors. My floor are cream/tan cereamic tiles. The red color with white accent is beautiful. Trust me on the one use your imigation. and have fun. If you don't like your first color you can always repaint it. Good luck
The site below is a site from Benjamin Moore paints. It let's you paint a room using the colors you select from the list. Click on Let's paint and go from there. It can give you good ideas on what you like and do not like before you buy.





If your room is small, keep in mind that dark colors will make it appear smaller.





Personally, I like a terra cotta/brownish color theme with the fixtures you already have in your bathroom (tan bath and sink). I'm actually in the process of redoing my bathroom and choosing new colors.





#2173-20 Tawny Rose and #1260 El Cajon Clay both from Benjamin Moore are on the dark side but your fixtures are light and could support the dark colors. Also, you could play around with the color theme and add wicker baskets to hold towels, magazines etc. Add a fun shower curtain to match. You could also make it a Mexican theme using the colors I mentioned by adding bright reddish and gold accents to tie it all together.





Whatever you do have fun. Redecorating is fun.





rola
Don't be afraid to use dark colors in your bathroom. I bucked the ever growing trend of people avoiding using dark colors in small rooms and my bathrooms look awesome.





Cream and tan are neutral colors. You really could put almost any color you wanted with that color and it would go well.





My advice is to use contrasting colors. By that I mean, if you have mainly dark colored stuff in your bathroom, paint the bathroom walls a light color. If you have mainly light colored stuff in your bathroom (tan and cream fit into this category), then I'd recommend going with a darker color. However, tan and cream can go very well with light colors too.





The reason why I say to use contrasting colors is because contrasting colors will make each other stand out. For instance, in my bathrooms I have white toilets, white marble sinks, light colored natural oak cabinets, and chrome, porcelain, and nickel finished hardware on the walls (towel holders, toilet holders, door handle, etc). By having the walls a dark color, the hardware, sinks, cabinets, etc all stand out so your eyes focus on them. The contrast of the colors makes peoples' eyes focus on the items in the bathroom you want their eyes to focus on. If everything was say light colored throughout the bathroom your eyes wouldn't really pick up so much on the hardware and stuff. The room would be just one big blah or blob. In one of my bathrooms, I used a dark grey and have gotten tons of compliments on it. Contrast is the key.





Normally the same goes for me with walls and floor coloring. If you have light colored walls, use dark colored flooring. If you have dark colored walls, use light colored flooring. The contrast will make the two look good.
My advice is to do some web and retail shopping for beautiful towels and bath linens. When you see a color that appeals to you and looks good with your fixtures, use that as a guide for your paint or wall covering choice. Good quality towels will have richer colors from which to choose. Check out ElegantLinensPC.com to see some truly luxurious bath linens.
Paint it any color you want- blues, greens oranges work well in a bathroom because they remind people of water and sun.
My favorite color : Acqua


Inspirated by this stunning photo:


http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/25384鈥?/a>





Ocean Blue - Beach Yellow Tan- Pure White


Check my answer:


Does anyone know where I can get a small tiki bar?





';Interior decorators use three or four colors as a theme throughout a home. Theme colors used with repetition will unify the rooms of a house';.
My favorite way to pick colors is to visit new home models ,we have so many in my area .I get so many ideas. I even copied to the letter one I found . you can eighter stay with white walls and lots of color in the towels etc. or color in the walls and white in the towels I love earth tones so I use a lot of tan and blue and green . If you sew you can make a lot of things .Model homes have such beautiful bathrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment