Thursday, March 11, 2010

What color to paint my children's beds and dressers?

We have some terribly outdated furniture that my two boys will be using when we move to our new house. I am wanting to make the furniture a little more modern with paint and new handles. I am unsure of what color to paint the furniture. Any suggestions for these two room themes?


Older boy: Sports theme. Bedspread colors are brown, black, and burgundy.


Younger boy: Safari theme. Bedspread colors are orange, brown, tan, and black.





I was thinking of painting them black, but I don't really know how that would look. What do you think?What color to paint my children's beds and dressers?
I think the older boy's should be black or burgandy, I don't like how wood furniture looks painted brown. I think a cool idea would be for the drawers on the older boys, paint a collage of sports equipment, or you could paint the dresser, then put sports wall decals on the drawers. Same with the younger boys, I would paint his black, then paint a different animal pattern on each drawer (animal patterns are very easy to paint, just google some images and draw the pattern on paper to practice) this will make their older furniture look fun and deflect from whatever you don't like about the furniture.What color to paint my children's beds and dressers?
I don't think black is the answer. I have five sons and am knowledgeable about the kind of damage they are capable of. Black chips easily and looks really tacky.





You could sand the dressers down and polyurethane them. that looks really nice and offers some protection from every day wear and tear. you could also paint them and finish them with the shellac.





If you have to use color, why not let the boys participate in the selection and maybe this will help them have pride in the room and take care of their furniture.





Godspeed to you and them
Older Boy: ask him his most favorite sports team and paint it their colors and buy bed spread that have their logo.





Younger: look for bead spread with animals on them and paint his room yellow background, then really tall grass (green) over the yellow( but don cover up all the yellow)
dont paint them black...that will make the room look too dark....fro the younger boy,you could do a cream color or a light green,for the older boy--even a tan color would look good(bats,footballs are the same color)...just a thought
older: black with burgundy handles/knobs





younger: either paint it gray and make it an elephant or


tan and make it a african safari vehicle.
Older Boy: Dark Blue


Younger Boy: Green, safari's have green also!
I think black is the best too. It is sleek, simple and will ground all the other colours in the room nicely.
Black for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment