Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I just covered a cake in fondant before coloring the fondant. Can I paint on color?

Please help!


I have gel coloring.I just covered a cake in fondant before coloring the fondant. Can I paint on color?
Sure, you can paint it afterwards. I did this cake that way: http://darkmindseye.deviantart.com/art/N鈥?/a> It was a white cake and then the red coloring was painted on with Americolor's super red.





I paint on fondant all the time, sometimes to give it a more realistic effect than I could otherwise...for example, when I make bamboo I use a light green fondant and then paint the finished pieces with ivory color thinned with vodka. Flowers look better when they're painted too.





Just thin your gel color with some vodka or clear extract (lemon, almond, clear vanilla, etc...) and paint with a large brush, like a basting brush but not the silicone kind.I just covered a cake in fondant before coloring the fondant. Can I paint on color?
i've have never tried it before but your suppose to dye the fondant before you cover the cake.





i see no harm in you paint the fondant, make sure its food coloring though. it may take a long time to soak in the color though...
If your quick you should be able to just peel it off colour it and lay it back on it may take some time but you should be able to do it if the fondant is still soft.
ypu can but it doesnt give a god effect. i did it with cookies once and they tasted ok but didnt look amazing.
  • colon cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment