Thursday, March 11, 2010

What color to paint my family room?

Its a large room with lots of light. Floor to ceiling windows on one wall, 2 4x4 skylights. Glass doors leading out to the back deck.


The sofas and chair are contemporary microfiber. The factory color is called Mushroom but I think it more towards Cocoa. Off white tile floor with beige and silvery blue tones.





ThanksWhat color to paint my family room?
I dont know what color but I would forsure go with something kinda bright.What color to paint my family room?
warm sage
I think an olive green would look good. Or if not that, a dark turquoise.
Go with a deep base color. Magenta Reds will go very nice. Bold during the day(will optimize your views from the window) and will be cozy and romantic at night. Especially if you have dark wood on trims, furniture etc. Make sure you prime first and use an eggshell or the deep base colors will mar(chalk) sounds nice!
I love all the neutral green colors that Martha Stewart has at lowes.
Maybe do a cool neutral, like ';march wind'; by sherwin williams.


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>
Because of all the light and in a large room, I think a strong blue would work.
If you have tons of light use it to your advantage. That is usually the hardest part about decorating is finding enough light. I would use a merlot red. Your beige floors will compliment the deep color as well as make the furniture stick out. If you have a favorite picture that has lighter colors put that on the wall where most of your furniture points your audiences attention. With a dark wall and a light picture you will create a focal point that will make it easy for people to strike up a conversation and feel at home instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment