Saturday, March 13, 2010

What is a good color to paint my living room to match a dark green couch?

I am thinking about a medium gray, beige or green. I have cream colored curtains and a dark green couch and love seat that are staying and need to match the paint. Any ideas?What is a good color to paint my living room to match a dark green couch?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find colors that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think a lighter green like ';romaine'; (# 6730) might look terrific.





You can take a photo of your house %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; for $5 they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.What is a good color to paint my living room to match a dark green couch?
I have to agree with the first poster. Don't do green, it would be too much, unless you really, really like green. Deocrating advice does say you can do tone on tone, but you should have a lot of a complimentary color to calm it down. I also agree that brown would look lovely with a dark green couch and cream curtains. A medium brown, somewhere between the darkness of the couch and the light of the cream. Grey is a very cold color, and it would obviously depend on the shade of your green couch, but I personally think grey/green/cream would be too cold and uninviting. Another decorating tip used a lot is to go one over in either direction on the color wheel. So if you have a dark green couch, try a blue-green. Again, not personally my favorite idea, but it gives you another option. Good luck!
It depends on the look your aiming for:


subtle: rich cream with a green, or beige tint, or army green


extravagent: lime green, perriwinkle, bright yellow


a mix of both: light yellow, and I think that actually a deep raspberry would look nice, too. Don't do too much of the same green because it's boring and just echh! Try using the ';paint'; program if you have a PC to mix and match colors. Have fun decorating!
Biege,egg shell white or a light brown for added drama.The cream curtains would look awesome with brown and the green.Green I think in any shade would be to much. Being to matched would probaly make the room seem small and over powering.If you are afraid of colors ever think of a accent wall with one color from the rest? A biege with a light brown accent wall now that sounds pretty to me. Good luck!
green beige,navyblue,lightbrown,yellow.Thos colors go good with green.beleive me im a house painter.
You could try a light turquoise color.
A rich Cream would look nice

No comments:

Post a Comment