Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What color to paint a formal dining room?

I have light oak furniture. I figured a dark color would look nice but I can't decide on a color. Your opinions please?What color to paint a formal dining room?
How about ';sapphire'; by sherwin williams?


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>





if you want a second color to go below the chair rail, then I'd use the ';Honey Blush'; color that they suggest.What color to paint a formal dining room?
Hmmm. I was just having your same dilema. I decided on a silver sage color, which is a light blueish/greenish color. I like the way chocolate looks. You can accent chocolate with many different colors, which makes it very diverse. Good Luck.
Some rich tan with gold hues or deep red would look fabulous.
I just redid my formal dining room....and I found that the best look for my room was a deep hunter green with a lighter green (I actually had the colors custom mixed by my brother who owns a paint company).


I put the hunter below the chair rail.....and lighter above...it kind of gives it a very formal look.





Hope this helps a little...good luck redecorating.
What I did was use dark colors in mine. It makes the food look not so quit burned in comparison and the smoke that occasionally may drift from the kitchen doesn't show up as bad.
Sage. I love that for a dinning room.
A deep not bright red would look great.
  • blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment