Sunday, March 7, 2010

Is there a way to find out what brand and color of paint was used on the walls in my home?

I want to do some touch painting and my landlord has no idea what was used.Is there a way to find out what brand and color of paint was used on the walls in my home?
Take a chip of paint in to home depot. They scan it and might get it close. Good luck!Is there a way to find out what brand and color of paint was used on the walls in my home?
Not really. If you can scrape off a chip and take it to the paint store you can probably match it or get very close. Look at the color chips in the light at the store, then in the light at your home before you have them mix paint for you. The light you are using to compare can make a big difference.
Take a switchplate off the wall and take a chip of the paint from that area. Take it to Home Depot and they can match it. As for brand, I don't think it's possible.
If you can take a sample of the paint from the wall and take it to most diy shops they have a machine which will match the colour for you, Beware though as I have touched up painwork in my house and I have known what paint ive used but due to the amount of time that I last decorated and paint fades and generally gets dirty you can see the touch up areas.
NO there is no thing that can tell you WHAT BRAND ! Just maybe what color is all you can find out! or ask the Landlord if possible. Good luck
find an un noticable corner and chip of about a size of a small coin, and take to a hardware store - they put it in a scanner and mix up the exact colour for you..... clever eh?!
Buy a gallon of a decent latex satin enamel and just repaint the whole thing. It's not a major project, contrary to what our mind wants to think, and it's a lot less work than trying to match little smidges.

No comments:

Post a Comment