Thursday, March 4, 2010

My cut in work does not match my wall paint color...is it only because of the brush I use?

This sounds like what is sometimes called ';hat band'; and it happens because the amount of paint applied with your brush was greater than the amount of paint applied to the rest of the walls with the roller. The only way I know of to fix this is to prime the brushed area plus a few inches beyond and repaint it making sure not to use too much paint this time. As long as you are using a decent quality latex paint, this fix should blend in and become unnoticeable within a couple of hours. Good luck.My cut in work does not match my wall paint color...is it only because of the brush I use?
Add another coat of paint to your cut in work .My cut in work does not match my wall paint color...is it only because of the brush I use?
Brushes tend to apply the paint thinner than a roller, especally if the brush has stiff bristles. If the color is too light on the cut in work, try painting over it again with a softer brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment