Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What color floor paint should I use for my workshop floor?

Hi all,





I'm about to start painting my workshop floor. And I'm considering going with a light grey colour (color in the US...).





I want something that will reflect light in the area, but will also make it easier to find dropped screws, nuts %26amp; bolts etc.





Would light-grey do the job? What do professional laboratories, garages and mechanic workshops use?





Thanks.


P.F.What color floor paint should I use for my workshop floor?
battle ship grey. with a handful of sand mixed into the paint.





the sand adds texture keeping it a bit safer.





here's another idea. if you can safely install and find .. good place to look is a used store furnishing store. Explosion proof 4ft fluorescent light fixtures install them about 3 ft off the ground pointed at a 45 angle. it will light the floor not blind you **** I do recommend the explosion proof fixtures they are sealed from liquids entering they can take some abuse from impacts of tools jack handlesWhat color floor paint should I use for my workshop floor?
http://www.originalcolorchips.com/baseco鈥?/a>





Good source for pictures...You don't need the extra colored chips..








http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/hi_outdoor鈥?/a>





Good source for surface prep etc....



dark grey is good cause it doesn't get dirty by oil drips and diesel and other substances and most garages have this color
Being an old Navy man get Deck Grey. Depending on what your floor is made of make sure it is for floors! It will be an oil base that can take the abuse.
yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment