Sunday, March 7, 2010

What color to paint my kitchen cabinets?

I have dark slate floors and dark green granite counter tops. Currently my cabinets are white but my husband thinks that black would look good. I think that black cabinets would make the kitchen too dark. All of our appliances are stainless as well. What do you think?What color to paint my kitchen cabinets?
What color are your walls?


Although black is one of the ';popular'; colors for now, I'm not fond of it (especially in a kitchen) simply because it does make a room darker (black ';sucks'; in the light, so you need more lighting) and all the people I know who have used black in their kitchens, have gotten tired of it within a year.


The dark green counter tops make me think that a softer shade of ';dirt'; green would look nice on your cabinets. Nothing too light, since you don't want it to to look too pale against your appliances. Here's a pic of the shade of green I mean, except I would go a tad darker:





http://www.hgtv.com/kitchens/kitchen-tre鈥?/a>





Here's a link to some pictures of different kitchens so you can see the colors that are popular right now:





http://www.hgtv.com/kitchens/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment