Sunday, March 7, 2010

What color to paint my new kitchen?

My cabinets and floor are light oak, counter top is black and tan specks ( granite looking) and my appliances are all stainless steel and black. Ceramic backsplash is taupe. I wanted a berry color but all seem to be too dark.What color to paint my new kitchen?
Since the counter tops are dark, you should avoid dark on all the walls. Try it maybe on just one wall, and then have some berry colored accent pieces (curtains, seat cushions, etc.)What color to paint my new kitchen?
warm buff or warm cocoon
I would go with crabgut green and puce. But then thats my taste
berry colors might wind up looking pink kinda bubble gum looking i've seen it on trading spaces and and they have to add more than two or three coats myself if it was my kitchen would go with taupe
Dulux 'China White'
Neon Orange





You could also try White, or a light Green. Not sure about berry colours...
My brother and sister in law have light oak cabinets and a black countertop. They went with a color called biscuit or waffle.. it's a soft golden tan color, very soft %26amp; warm. It looks wonderful with the wood. That said, their floor is a light taupe-y faux tile so there is some contrast.





With your wood floors I think medium pumpkin or, better yet, a little deeper nutmeg/spicy color would look spectacular with the oak, black and stainless .. it complements the oak but provides needed contrast. You can add additional color like berry with your window treatments, towels, and/or an accent wall. Berry would look wonderful but it can be a tricky color %26amp; you may have to look around to find one that works. Personally I'd be afraid that I'd tire of berry of quickly..but I do think it would be perfect for a dining room where you don't spend quite as much time. But that's just me. Remember to take into account how the colors make you feel. For example I like red but I find it makes me edgy and less able to concentrate... not suitable for my office. For kitchen I'd think you want a color that makes you feel relaxed, warm and comforable.





I also think a medium muted sagey green (with yellow undertones, not blue) would be absolutely fabulous (I adore green with black %26amp; stainless) and would add even more contrast than the pumpkin.


Have fun :)
What about a marine blue or other blue color? Stay with pastels, keep away from too much dark, go towards the light. Instead of berry what about a rose color?
My wife has chosen to go with blue for our walls when we finish remodeling our kitchen. Cabinets light oak, tile floor in shades of gray and blue. Countertop has yet to be determined, but likely a shade of gray. Light blue seems the most appealing for our kitchen walls rather than darker shades, but like others who've answered you, I think you'll find blue is a good choice.
yellow goes really well with those colors. not only will it brighten up your itchen, but it will be a great contrast.
What about a burnt red? Bright and fun
The great thing about paint is that if you absolutely hate how the color looks on your walls; it's relatively easy %26amp; inexpensive to change to another color. The elements you described in your kitchen are neutral colors so the berry color you like should match very well. What I would do is pick a lighter shade of the color you like. Try what I do when I can't decide on a color..... tape all the possible choices (paint chips) on the wall that needs to be painted. Look at it in daylight %26amp; in the evening because it will affect how the color looks. Remove the chips one by one until the best color choice for your home %26amp; your personal taste is left! THAT is the color you should paint your kitchen.
my sister has oak flooring and cabinets with the granite counter top....all the sounds the same


she is an interior designer and any color scheme goes with the nuetral tones


her colors are the tans and burnt orange and it looks awesome. i think berry colors would look great as well...
Berry colors would be good. In a kitchen it is important that the colors accent the food and make the good look better. I would go with a semidark purple. It is still fun and light but the darkness will go along with the colors already in your kitchen. red, blue, and a medium green are also good colors.
Your kitchen sounds nice, but a tad drab. It needs a splash of color. I would suggest a pretty magenta with a wash of lime green squiggles and burry blue spots. It would look so elegant, yet sophisticated, and at the same time refreshingly different. Your accessories could be in the same burry blue, and handles on various cupboards and such could be accented with the lovely lime green. I would experiment with the depth of the lime green, as it could be overpowering in the wrong tone. A 6 to 8 would work best with the magenta, I think. If they don't have the burry blue, I would opt for a darkish teal instead, but do try for the burry. It is definitely THE ';in'; color.
I've always been a big fan of a nice buttery yellow color. It's very cheerful and airy looking and I think it would look nice with the lighter oak cabinets and black with tan specks counter tops in your kitchen.
white and pale yellow


put berries somewhere as an accent.
i would go with a sand color. Even if your kitchen is a berry color, i would still go neutral!! But we all kinda have an idea in our heads when we wanna decorate what colors we want huh!!! LOL
You can't go with any more neutrals. Ugh... all those people suggesting all those drab, safe tans and taupes and creams and butter yellows.... boooorrrriinng...... I think the berry color sounds delicious. A deep rich berry red would be gorgeous! See the Red Baron, Prado Red or Fine Wine on the link. I think it sounds like you have really great taste!
Berry seems to be dark except if you get lots of light.


Yellow, orange tones are nice and inviting colors for kitchen. You should try with paint samples.


http://decoration.com/p/spaces/kitchen/


http://decoration.com/p/decorating-tips/鈥?/a>
Tan or a light brown will really bring out the oak and the tan specks on the granite.
  • blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment