Thursday, March 4, 2010

How do I find out the exact color of paint for my vehicle?

I have a 2003 Pontiac Montana that has a few spots with paint missing. Someone told me there's a number to call, and you give them your VIN, and they'll tell you the color number for the paint you need. Now, I can't remember who to call for that. By the way, I live in Canada. Anyone know? Is it GM?How do I find out the exact color of paint for my vehicle?
Pontiac is made by GM.How do I find out the exact color of paint for my vehicle?
Its on the metal tag on your car, they used to put them on the door post!! If not go to local Auto Body Paint supply Store. they can tell you. You should also have a manual with the car, it will tell you where it is at
Open up your drivers side door, and look at the side where the locking mechanism locks the door in place to the car. There is a sticker that tells you the paint color with the id, and the VIN number.
http://www.expresspaint.com/helpful_tips鈥?/a>
did u follow the answer u got -- thats the way -- take the vin number to the dealer and they'll tell u -- might wanna go to the site for GM and ask them the same thing -- just make sure ur giving them ur vin number also
Check out the paint code on your VIN plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment