Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dear Everyone--What is the best color to paint my kitchen?

My counter tops are shades of gray with subtle swirls of blue. My cabinets are a sand colored oak. My floors are gray with a hint of blue. Its a large kitchen and I think it needs some color to warm it up and make it more cozy looking. I was thinking a darker shade of blue, but I heard that blue is a psychological appetite suppressant?


Thanks for all of your advice.





Love, Mother EarthDear Everyone--What is the best color to paint my kitchen?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think a brown like ';leather bound'; (# 6118) would look stunning with all of the blue accents.





You can also take a photo of your room %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.Dear Everyone--What is the best color to paint my kitchen?
Yes, Blues and other cool colors are appetite suppressants. That's why Burger King and McDonalds use yellow, red and orange for their decor. If you want to warm it up, think about a yellow. Even a really light shade would make it warmer. Or even like a burnt sienna shade of orange, like a deep pumpkin color. My mom did a faux finish on her kitchen with a yellow, an orange, and a darker orange. It turned out really well. Looks very Tuscan. She used a tool called a wooly from Home Depot. It comes with a video on how to use it. It really depends on how much blue is in the counters.
hmm depends on what color blue it is... i think that the blue would look nice. the dark blue you were talking about or maybe a light blue... about the psychological thing i dunno.. i dont really belive in that stuff but search it on the web or something if it really bothers you. good luck
girl it sounds pretty to me.But i think u should go for may be light colors of gray that might bring your other colors in kitchen.Good luck.
maybe a light yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment