Sunday, March 7, 2010

I need help deciding on a color to paint my living room?

The theme in my living room is the safari. I have black leather furniture.I need help deciding on a color to paint my living room?
I just redid my living room with a safari theme. I painted the walls River Road. It is a gorgeous shade of brown. My sofa is suede in a mossy green gray color, and my curtains are Sensations from JC Penney in deep chocolate with linen undercurtains. It sounds like a lot of neutrals, but I have red striped pillows, a deep red throw, and big red candles in african sconces on the wall. It really looks good. Warm and cozy.I need help deciding on a color to paint my living room?
well in my living room we have 3 colours that compliment each other


on the ceiling we have a colour called ';chelsea grey'; or something like that its kinda greenish tho


and then on 3 walls we have a kind of baige - ish colour


and on the wall with the fireplace we have bright red wall paper


the dark ceiling makes the room feel larger and the combination of colours we used is great


it could probably pass for safari too with the current colours or u could change it up
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>





I would mos def choose a green like ';lime rickey'; (# 6717).
I found the nicest African Safari living room decor online. It appears to have a golden butternut wall color, which really accents the room.





I hope you like it as much as I do!





http://www.ikhayasafari.co.za/pics/loung鈥?/a>





Good luck!
http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a> choose paint an interior and choose a room close to yours and try before you buy.
Grasscloth wallcovering...it's in the beige/tan family. I think the natural texture of the wallcovering would enhance your theme without being too obvious.
When I think of safari I think of warmth. So maybe something in the orange or yellow family.
I'm thinking an orangey-brownish-rust colored paint.
Khaki
Try a honey gold

No comments:

Post a Comment