Sunday, March 7, 2010

What is the best color to paint a small powder room...?

that has no window? Right now it is a boring beige (a bit darker than off white. I am looking for a specific paint color recommendation, please - either Benjamin Mooor or Behr, preferably. I have a med oak cabinet, ivory ceramic floor, beige toilet and countertop. Thanks for your suggestions!What is the best color to paint a small powder room...?
I think some good colors for the walls would be from Benjamin Moore- Maple Sugar and Behr- Wild Bamboo # 350d-4. For accent colors I would recommend, Benjamin Moore- Stonybrook and Behr- Shale Gray # 540f-4. I think the gray blues would look great with the khaki of the beige. You could use it for glasses, toilet bowl cover etc. I hope this helps you out. Happy painting.What is the best color to paint a small powder room...?
I don't like dark colors on the walls of my house, but do love dark colors in general. I gave myself permission to used a rich burgandy for our powder room. And since it is mainly used by guests and they will only be in there a minute or two, I don't worry about the boxed in feeling. We did make sure we upgraded the light fixtures for plenty of lighting.
I don't have specicfic color codes, etc but a baby blue would be nice. and idea tro make a faux window, take an old wood picture frame, and make a window looking plus sign in the same wood and a piece of mirror behind it to look like a window. examples: http://www.windowmirror.com/windowmirror鈥?/a>
I would choose white or off white, some light color but just a hint of it. Let me suggest mirrow squares if you have empty wall space, they can make a room appear larger. There is even one that my son got at Home Depot that looks like a window with a window sill.
i have no specific colors for you, but something pale...blue,lavendar,yellow. My best suggestion would be to make a faux window. Take a scene like a tree scene and blow it up and frame it. Hang a small curtain around it and it looks like a window.
A small powder room should be make you feel cozy. The color should be dark and rich in a flat or satin sheen. Pull the color from the large picture you are hanging to represent a window (don't hang it too high) and pick towels and accessories that compliment the color. With an oak cabinet I would stay in the brown tones.
PINK
Bring the sunshine in to the room. Yellow is a natural, but a very pastel yellow. Also, put in the largest mirror possible over the sink area. get samples before deciding. Be sure not to get to yellow/green. Very pale gold yellow is perfect......
The one thing you want to not do is add more neutral. I prefer pastel for a small room. Right now I have a white in my livingroom that if I add blue or purple the walls pick up the purple. My paint was tinted with purple as a pastel. I love it...Start adding some colors with rugs toilet accessories...a multicolor throughout might work...
we have a small bathroom.. with no window as well.. we used a home hardware colour called ';grape peel';.. it is a pale green.. the bathroom upstairs is done in a Canadian tire colour called ';Nith River'; it is a grey blue.. both work well in bathrooms
i am in the proces of following interieur dessign coused and the colours that are ';hip'; and that i think would suit your bathroom woold be a dark beige, a lavander colour or even on one of the walls(where door is) leave that part white (creats an accent wall)

No comments:

Post a Comment