Thursday, March 4, 2010

What color paint with gray trim?

I am wanting to paint my dinning room it currently has gray trim-my husband insists on it- I cant find a color to paint it. im just not good when it comes to painting and decorating. it has a chair rail on the wall so i need be i could have two different colors with gray in the middle. if you have any ideas please let me know. also im trying to stay away from blue, that's the only color i ever seem to use. thanks!What color paint with gray trim?
Peach, soft Yellow, TurquoiseWhat color paint with gray trim?
My first thought is a pale yellow or cream as opposed to white.





If you are going use two additional colors, you could always do a deeper color on the lower half of the wall and a lighter shade of that color on the top.





I personally like burgandy and deeper shades of red with gray.





Since gray is such a neutral color, I think you will have many choices. If there are furnishings or paintings that you will be keeping in the room, you may want to select a color that will complement that.





Another thought was dark grey or black on the bottom and white, off-white, or cream on the top.





Good Luck
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find colors that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think ';fun yellow'; (# 6908) above the chair rail %26amp; ';blackberry'; (# 7577) below might look terrific..





You can take a photo of your house %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; for $5 they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment