Thursday, March 4, 2010

Which paint color should I choose?

I recently moved into a new home that is totally open and the whole downstairs needs painted. I want all rooms to coordinate or at least flow. My living room furniture is chocolate brown. My kitchen cabinets are cherry, with stainless steel appliances. Dining room furniture is cherry as well. Floors are cherry hardwood.


The trim and the mantle and the wood blinds are white.


So, I am torn between painting the walls a steely gray blue or a warm tan. What do you think. I am on HOLD until I decide. Please help!Which paint color should I choose?
You have a big decision to make. What you have described I would go a light tan, beige, or a white with just a tinge of color to it. Your house sounds lovely, and any of these colors will look very nice on the walls. After you are done painting then you can coordinate with decor and accents that will compliment the rooms. Good Luck, and I'm sure you will be happy with any color that you choose.Which paint color should I choose?
I would choose the tan as I think it will look the best out of the two. However, I think with your furniture colors and dark wood a nice warm light yellow would look awesome (not a bright pastel yellow) possibly a butter yellow. Have fun I am sure it will look beautiful. :)
This one would look great in your kitchen:http://www.myperfectcolor.com/Benjamin-M鈥?/a>


Dinning room :http://www.myperfectcolor.com/Match-of-C鈥?/a>


Living room:http://www.myperfectcolor.com/Match-of-W鈥?/a>


I hope you like these.
I think either would work. Make sure the steely blue and warm tan are in the light-medium shades, no darker.


Then you can bring 1 or 2 accent colors into the rooms.


Sounds nice.


Good choices.
DEF a warm tan. it would give the house an extremly comfy feeling while the grey will make it seem colder





your color choices for everything sound exactly like how we are doing our new house :) what color is your kitchen tile and countertops?
I would do a warm tan. I did my bedroom in a nice warm tan from Valspar and now I'm going to do the entire first floor with the same paint.
i would say tan, because although the grey blue may look good with the furniture, i'm not sure such it would look nice with the cherry cabinets
I would opt for a warm tan (like a sand color)even though I like the other choice but not in your case.
Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment