Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Would like some advice on what color to paint my shutters?

I have a light red brick home and the shutters that are on now are cream color, very blah looking. I want something that will pop something that looks great but not tacky. I live in a gated community so I really don't want to upset my neighbors either ha. My house looks a little on the tan side from the road but when you get up close to it it is a very light red brick. So the cream shutters blend in too much. Would like some advice on what color to paint my shutters?
You have lots of options depending on how much ';pop'; you want. I think I would choose a deep cinnamon or cranberry shade. Paint your front door the same color. Choose the darkest shade in your brick.Would like some advice on what color to paint my shutters?
I can't think of what color to suggest honestly but what I would do if I were you, I would go to the paint store and pick up some color samples and just go home, take your time, and match it to your house. Don't do all of them at the same time because you might get ';color blind'; I had that problem when I painted my house. Take a few days to make a decision. Good Luck!!!!
It is probably good to check with your gated community about the issue of color. That would give you an initial focus.


Ask yourself what color you prefer (if you could have any color).





The idea of paint samples to bring home is a great idea.


Have fun!
google';';sherwin williams discover color';'; you can paint your house and shutters to look at them.
You could go with a deep colonial red or black.
red maroon deep base
a dark brown

No comments:

Post a Comment