Thursday, March 4, 2010

What color to paint a living room with honey colored wood floors?

What color should a living room with honey colored wood floors be painted? The room feels skinny and long right now at about 11' 17', if that makes a difference.





There's not specific furniture colors to correspond with, but we are planning on selling or renting out the house soon, so nothing too drastic.What color to paint a living room with honey colored wood floors?
choose a color that won't take away from the beauty of the floor but compliment it Honey can be tricky with its orange undertones so stay away from yellows ,oranges,reds, beige's and taupe's .Best for resale would be a light grey based sage or light grey based blue.I generally use Benjamin Moore paints they're more true to color than others i've used check out benjaminmoore.com for ideasWhat color to paint a living room with honey colored wood floors?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to help you imagine how the colors will look together. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think ';ibis white'; (# 7000) might be a great choice.





You can take a photo of your house %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; for $5 they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.
Since you're planning on selling or renting, stick with something in the ivory family, near the more yellow-y ivories to go with the honey. If the shorter wall is at the far end as you enter the room, paint it a darker neutral shade (similar color to your floor would work) to make the room look less skinny. Keep the ceiling white.





I know this isn't the most exciting palette, but it's a buyers market right now, and having to repaint a room could easily be a turnoff to some potential buyers.





Good luck!
I am contemplating painting my ceiling to go with I suppose Honey colored paneling. The only color I found that seems right is this paint swatch from Wal mart paint dept. It is called Brazilian Flame. It is like a brown, but with a peach undertone. Like a terra cotta pot but more brown then red and warmer. Wish I could put it here so you could see. But check this out!! I found this site and you can look at tons of colors!!!


http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yo鈥?/a>


Launch the color visualizer and you'll freak out how many combination's


you can look at. They show different rooms in white, and you add the color!!! It's pretty cool!!!
Navajo beige by kelley moore with Swiss Coffee Trim and ceiling.


The beige is deep enough to withstand renters but still looks neutral, consider using an eggshell finish its tougher. To enhance your home for market best thing to do is coordinate your paint colors to be a shade darker than your carpet and keep your window treatments light. This will expand the overall space and give it a clean crisp light feeling that most buyers expect. Consider staging for resale or renting in this market.
I just painted my kitchen and family room (one room-two different colors to split it up) I used a virtual room designer online for free. I found some online that were good but this one was the one I used. It helped me because I didn't even know what color to pick, it gave a lot of options and it helped me pick a color without wasting money on the wrong paint. hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment