Sunday, March 7, 2010

What would be a good color to paint my living room?

my furniture is olive green. The pillows have like an aztec pattern, with green, burnt orange dark brown. My tables are cherry wood. My carpet is generic color.( but i will be replacing it with wood flooring). one of the walls has wallpaper that is cream with flecks of dark green in it. i am also trying to decide if I keep the paper on the wall %26amp; choose paint that will also coordinate with the paper, or redo all the walls.What would be a good color to paint my living room?
my suggestion is to paint all the walls a warm tan. it will go with your current color scheme and will also go with any future palette you may have.


I too got rid of my carpet and have wood floors now. I love it this way. the carpet was too dirty. Now I have an area rug down and it is much better.What would be a good color to paint my living room?
Hello .


I think if you color your living room with a light color and warm one , that would be fine for the living room . At last you can ask from a house disigner.


Good Luck
Sounds like a good time to use a sun-kissed yellow/orange. Probably better described as a Tuscan yellow/orange.


Like others have said...I'd lose the wallpaper too!
A terracotta color.





Or try this site out to help you decide.





http://www.behr.com/behrx/act/view/shop
Well I'm not really sure what color you should paint it but lighter colors will make the room appear larger. :) Hope I helped.
Match the walls to the flooring you will install, then match the trim boards to the green of the furnature
Peach.
Sherwin Williams - Restrained Gold in an eggshell finish. This color is gorgeous and is so neutral. It sounds like it would really work well with your furniture. Every room in my house except one has been this color for 3 years and I love it.





Get rid of that wallpaper!
i think burgendy is just an adorable color in a living room!:P:);)
Some sort of tan color.
I am not a big fan of wallpaper. But redoing all that sounds like a lot of work. The condition of the paper would be my deciding factor to do the job or not. As for color, we recently painted our living and dining areas Dutch Boy's ';bleached sandstone';. The color adds soft brightness to a room and is well and easily complimented with a wide variety of colors. Good luck.
match the walls to the flooring and probably tan or whitish.
I would paint the wall the color of the flecks in the wall paper, unless that color is extremely dark and that is never a good idea (aka painting your living room in dark colors makes it seem smaller) So to coordinate the room together without making it drab, you could put a border either at the top of the room or directly above your couches. You could have a border of just that solid green or you could use the pattern on your pillows for inspiration with all the colors that implies.
Why not pick out a color from the Aztec pattern you mentioned, like the burnt orange and paint just one wall in this color as a feature or color block?





Check the color wheel for complimentary colors. These are the colors that are opposite of each other on the wheel...such as green and red, or blue and orange. There are a million shades you could use within the spectrum of that color.





Or even try monochromatic....a different shade of green for your olive green furniture. Oh so many ideas and not enough text space! LOL





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment